Position: M&E Assistant
Duration: To be discussed
Tectona Consulting Group (TCG) is a Research, Social Innovation & Project Management firm which uses action research, monitoring & evaluation, innovation, capacity development, and advocacy as strategic tools to bring positive socio-economic transformation.
We use quality research data and human-centred design thinking approach to co-create and accelerate impactful and sustainable socio-economic change. In all our programmes, we use lean innovation approach, transformational leadership, adaptive project management and advocacy to deliver effective, efficient and sustainable market-driven solutions that offers high value-for-money in a diverse and dynamic environment.
TCG supports NGOs, Enterprise Support Organizations (ESOs), Social Enterprises, Business Enterprises and Entrepreneurs to innovate, increase impact of various programmes within local communities, create jobs, leverage impact investments and markets as a crucial component for building resilience and sustainable incomes and thus inclusive growth.
Our Core Values
- We thrive in: Quality & Integrity
- We promote: Teamwork & Discipline
- We are driven by: Ethics & Professionalism
Research, Monitoring and Evaluation is the core of what we do. Successful candidate will support TCG with successful design, development and implementation of impactful and quality research, M&E, and data management functions both internally and externally.
The M&E Assistant will support the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation portfolio in design, coordination and implementation of the M&E, research, and learning framework of various projects or programmes undertaken by TCG.
Roles and responsibilities
The holder of this position will support:
- Assist in reviewing and updating of M&E Frameworks for various projects or programmes, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and measurement metrics.
- Support in the process, input, output, outcome and impact monitoring for various projects or programmes. This will majorly involve routine data collection, data analysis, progress reporting, project reviews, data-driven decision making, initiating timely corrective actions, making actionable recommendations, and support knowledge sharing and learning.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Maintain and administer the M&E databases for various projects, analyse and aggregate findings.
- Identify and share lessons learned, and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project or programme. Provide advice where necessary to the project team on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Assist in developing, implementing, reviewing, updating of the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan, Monitoring & Reporting Tools, Work Plans, and Data Quality Control Protocols in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Support in designing, implementing and managing surveys, evaluation and research activities for various projects such as baseline surveys, mid-term evaluations, final evaluations, outcome harvesting, outcome mapping, impact assessments, market research, feasibility studies, etc.
- Develop innovative data collection systems – Mobile and web-based data collection platforms.
- Support in performing both quantitative and qualitative data analyses using scientifically and technologically sound tools.
- Assist in preparing quality reports for various projects, mostly progress, survey, evaluation and research reports. Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Strictly implement the data quality control protocols to verify and enhance the quality and integrity of existing and new data in the project subject areas.
- Support in preparing Expression of Interests, and Technical and Financial Proposals for various consultancy calls and ToRs.
- Support in training and capacity building of the M&E support team e.g Data Entry Team, Enumerators, FGD Facilitators, Field Supervisors, and Data Analysts.
- Support in documenting and disseminating most significant change stories/success stories/case studies of various projects undertaken by TCG.
- Support with data visualization using infographics, photos and videos on reports, policy briefs, blogs, and other communication materials.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Lead.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Love for data and making meaningful insights out of them.
- Passionate about using quality research data and human-centred thinking approach to create social change.
- Data collection, analysis, reporting, and presentation skills.
- Data visualization skills using infographics.
- Excellent team player and leadership skills.
- Willingness to learn and drive organization’s vision.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Logical and analytical abilities.
- Problem-solving skills
- Good communication and public speaking skills.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in designing and implementing M&E activities and related activities such as undertaking consultancies in research, surveys, evaluation.
- Clearly demonstrate ability to successfully perform most of the aforementioned roles and responsibilities.
- Previous experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Previous experience with design and conducting surveys, evaluation and research (which includes developing survey tools, data collection, and data processing)
- Good knowledge and experience with statistical applications preferably SPSS. Having skills in STATA, SAS or R will be a plus.
- Experience with mobile data collection technologies e.g. ODK/KoBo Toolbox/SurveyCTO/ONA/AKVO Flow, etc.
- Good knowledge with data visualization skills using infographics will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable skills in writing quality reports (i.e M&E and research related reports)
- Past experience working with entrepreneurs (startups and SMEs).
- Any relevant academic qualifications in M&E, Statistics, Economics, Research Methods, IT, social science or any related course(s) will be an advantage.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “M&E Assistant”.
- Applications must be received before 5:00 p.m. on Monday 19th August 2019.
- Prepare 1-page Cover Letter including your salary expectation and CV with the contact details of three referees who are familiar with your work.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted via email, not later than Wednesday 21st August 2019.