Position: Communication Intern
Duration: To be discussed
Tectona Consulting Group (TCG) is a Research, Social Innovation & Project Management firm which uses action research, monitoring & evaluation, innovation, capacity development, and advocacy as strategic tools to bring positive socio-economic transformation.
We use quality research data and human-centred design thinking approach to co-create and accelerate impactful and sustainable socio-economic change. In all our programmes, we use lean innovation approach, transformational leadership, adaptive project management and advocacy to deliver effective, efficient and sustainable market-driven solutions that offers high value-for-money in a diverse and dynamic environment.
TCG supports NGOs, Enterprise Support Organizations (ESOs), Social Enterprises, Business Enterprises and Entrepreneurs to innovate, increase impact of various programmes within local communities, create jobs, leverage impact investments and markets as a crucial component for building resilience and sustainable incomes and thus inclusive growth.
Our Core Values
- We thrive in: Quality & Integrity
- We promote: Teamwork & Discipline
- We are driven by: Ethics & Professionalism
Support TCG with successful delivery of internal and external communication functions, managing the online platforms, documenting the project/programme proceedings, and maintaining partnerships.
Roles and responsibilities
The holder of this position will support:
- Manage the TCG’s social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube channel
- Support in the development and design of digital, web, and print marketing materials
- Presentation and report development and design, including Prezi and PowerPoint
- Copywriting and editing, including developing original content under direction and editing from multiple contributors
- Utilizing online metrics tools (such as Google Analytics) to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns, and online advertising
- Provide both technical and editorial website support, updating content, and publishing news stories
- Assist with General administrative tasks as needed
- Document ongoing and completed projects or programmes implemented by TCG via blogs, newsletter, feature, social media platforms using quality images and videos
- Document and disseminate most significant change/success stories and case studies of various projects or programmes undertaken by TCG
- Support with data visualisation using infographics on reports, policy briefs, blogs, websites, and other communication material
- Provide technical support to TCG management team in the development and appropriate use of communication and advocacy tools (i.e.newsletter, websites, posters, brochures, pamphlets) to increase visibility of TCG.
- Assist in organizing events, trainings, launches, workshops, global campaigns
- Communicate and build trust relations with partners, stakeholders, clients, and suppliers
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the management team
- Be innovative and creative.
- Passion for photography & videography.
- Data visualization skills using infographics.
- Ability to quickly process and disseminate quality information.
- Good communication and public speaking skills.
- Excellent team player and leadership skills.
- Self-driven and passionate for socio-economic transformation.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Willingness to learn and drive organization’s vision.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Clearly demonstrate ability to successfully perform most of the aforementioned roles and responsibilities
- Good knowledge with data visualization skills using infographics is an added advantage.
- Ability to take and edit quality images and videos
- Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong grasp of social media management and campaign development
- Experience with WordPress or web maintenance preferred
- Understanding of web marketing and Google analytics
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong writing and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service and problem solving skills
- High level of computer literacy and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Any relevant academic qualifications in Communication, IT and any related course(s) will be an advantage
- Experience in the nonprofit or international development sector is a plus
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to meet program needs
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humour
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Past experience with communication role will be an added advantage
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com with the subject line “Communication Intern”.
- Applications must be received before 5:00 p.m. on Monday 19th August 2019.
- Prepare 1-page Cover Letter and CV with the contact details of three referees who are familiar with your work.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted via email, not later than Wednesday 21st August 2019.