Position: Administrative Assistant
Duration: To be discussed
Tectona Consulting Group (TCG) is a Research, Social Innovation & Project Management firm which uses action research, monitoring & evaluation, innovation, capacity development, and advocacy as strategic tools to bring positive socio-economic transformation.
We use quality research data and human-centred design thinking approach to co-create and accelerate impactful and sustainable socio-economic change. In all our programmes, we use lean innovation approach, transformational leadership, adaptive project management and advocacy to deliver effective, efficient and sustainable market-driven solutions that offers high value-for-money in a diverse and dynamic environment.
TCG supports NGOs, Enterprise Support Organizations (ESOs), Social Enterprises, Business Enterprises and Entrepreneurs to innovate, increase impact of various programmes within local communities, create jobs, leverage impact investments and markets as a crucial component for building resilience and sustainable incomes and thus inclusive growth.
Our Core Values
- We thrive in: Quality & Integrity
- We promote: Teamwork & Discipline
- We are driven by: Ethics & Professionalism
Support the management team with day-to-day operations of the organization and administration duties which includes operations, book-keeping, logistics, procurement of supplies, communications, scheduling, data entry, and secretarial services.
Roles and responsibilities
TCG acknowledges the importance of a good administrative within an organisation as this individual has a demanding job that is integral to the success of the business.
- Management of office equipment
- Maintaining a clean and enjoyable working environment
- Handling external or internal communication or management systems
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed
- Managing clerical or other administrative staff
- Assist in training staff members and new hires
- Organizing, arranging and coordinating meetings
- Support in building trust relations with partners, stakeholders, clients, and suppliers
- Implement and monitor programs as directed by management, and see the programs through to completion
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copy machines and others
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and order items
- Respond to questions and requests for information
- Sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing post
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the management team
- Be innovative and creative
- Excellent team player and team management skills
- Self-driven and passionate for socio-economic transformation
- Willingness to learn and drive organization’s vision
- Basic understanding of the key business functions such as HR, Finance, accounting, & procurement
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and public speaking skills
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
- Clearly demonstrate ability to successfully perform most of the aforementioned roles and responsibilities
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Exceptional customer service, communication and problem-solving skills
- Any relevant academic qualification; additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary will be a plus
- Past experience with administrative role and finance will be an added advantage
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative Assistant”.
- Applications must be received before 5:00 p.m. on Monday 19th August 2019.
- Prepare 1-page Cover Letter including your salary expectation and CV with the contact details of three referees who are familiar with your work.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted via email, not later than Wednesday 21st August 2019.